The Best Dessert Ever in the History of the World | Butter Brickle
- two cups flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- one cup chopped pecans
- one cup (2 sticks) of butter, melted
- one box of vanilla ice cream
- one jar of butterscotch sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, and pecans in a large bowl. Add the butter and mix thoroughly. Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Watch closely during the last few minutes, as the edges can start to burn.
- Using a 9 x 13 inch pan, crumble half of the mixture into the bottom. Top with half of the jar of butterscotch sauce. Cover with ice cream.* Sprinkle the remaining cookie mixture over top of the ice cream and top with the rest of the butterscotch sauce. Cover and freeze for at least a couple of hours before serving.
*Tip: Open your box of ice cream completely and slice the ice cream into 1-inch slices. The ice cream will start to soften slightly once on top of the warm cookie mixture, so let it sit for a few minutes and then spread the ice cream so that it is an even layer.