For the Cake
- one 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- two teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- one large egg
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- one Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- one Tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- one cup powdered sugar
- two Tablespoons butter , softened
- four ounces cream cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8” baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in melted butter. Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Make the cinnamon swirl topping by combing all ingredients together until smooth.
- Drop small spoonfuls of the mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter. Use a knife to swirl through the cake and disperse the mixture throughout the cake batter.
- Bake 32-37 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Drizzle cream cheese frosting over warm cake. Serve warm.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese together. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk to make a smooth, soft frosting. Drizzle frosting over the cake with a spoon (or use a ziplock bag like I did–just snip a hole out of one of the corners and add the frosting).
- This cake is best served the same day.
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 284mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 780IU | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1.4mg